Thursday, October 20, 2011

Starting the search

As November is upon us, April seems far away.  That is, until I remember that that is the month in which I will graduate with an MSI, and will want to be employed by then or soon thereafter. 

So the job search is upon me, and the idea of it is looming heavier week by week.  Of course, I've already set aside time to look for and apply to jobs but, of course, somehow those hours get pushed away by homework, work, instruction prep time, or any other number of things that come up.

But it's time to focus - and focus, for me, happens with motivation.  Motivation for the job search happens when I see positions that I want, and want badly.  This week, there happen to be three jobs - in the Ann Arbor area - that would be great.  There's one that I'm pretty excited about, and the other two are jobs that I could see being extremely fulfilling.  I can't be picky as I want to stay in this wonderful state of Michigan and, preferably, in this area, but I don't want to "waste" my investment from graduate school by taking a position with which I won't be satisfied.

That's the balance - wanting (needing) a job but not wanting to settle.  Any tips for finding this balance, applying to jobs, (or any leads on job openings!) would be more than welcome....

2 comments:

  1. You're incredibly organized, dedicated, and so fun to work with. You'll find something in no time. :)

    ReplyDelete