Friday, May 27, 2011

Stepping out of the box...How-to

If you thought this would be a how-to guide, my blog title worked and I fooled you just a bit.  I'm actually hoping for some discussion, thoughts and advice.  Here's the context...

This week I was given some more concrete projects on which to work such as finding or creating content for training modules, creating Lib Guides for updated software, and re-thinking how we present hand-outs and guides to supplement our workshops which requires me to research, gather, and decide on effective materials to use - or produce them myself.  It's been interesting to start to see what others are doing with videos, websites and Lib Guides; the difficult part is thinking outside the box and stepping into a new realm of learning using online tools.  In my early research, I've seen some good stuff (on which I'll report in a post later this summer) but haven't yet come across something that really said, wow, this is new and exciting and something I've never seen before and, and, and.  So the question is, motivation?  How to step out of the box?  I'd love to hear suggestions for thinking of new, innovative, and creative ways to make learning fun.

Not that thinking about this and learning as I go isn't fun, because it is.  This is the first "job" I've had where I have the autonomy to think in this way and consider creating new content that has not yet been produced.  It's really exciting, and, what I think being a librarian of the future is all about.

Now, back to brainstorming... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment