Friday, August 19, 2011

Another Interruption

It's been quite a summer.  First, I threw off my few readers with not blogging for a few weeks and then I apologized and did it again.  Well, to put it slightly, I am out of the office for yet another three weeks - unbeknownst to me prior to the knee surgery.

It's been interesting - trying to get back in the swing of things between when I arrived back in July knowing that I'd be leaving at least for a week in August.  And, trying to cover chat shifts and work online from home in between an intensive home rehab program that literally takes as much time as a full time job.  It's frustrating to not be able to work and dig into the projects that are so rapidly approaching as the year begins.  It's hard to leave colleagues short-handed when so many transitions are upon us.  I'm resigned to think right now that it's a part of life, and a part I'm grateful to experience as a 27-year-old grad student without a family, before the school year begins, and in the hands of very capable medical professionals.  I'm resigned to think that "it happens" and that people can hopefully see the effort I'm trying to exert and that I can still be a valuable part of the library when I come back.  I can only hope that at times like these people remember the other things that I've done and will still want to include me on teams, knowing I am reliable.

I actually have little doubt about these things - my co-workers and superiors are very understanding, gracious people and I can only say how lucky I am to have them as a part of my life as I resign myself to the couch 8+ hours a day instead of living the full, intensely busy life that usually is.

No comments:

Post a Comment