Friday, July 20, 2012

raining and relief

It finally rained yesterday.  Any readers in the Midwest (and so it seems based on articles like these about the drought from the Weather Channel, other readers too) will understand the gravity of that statement.  It finally rained!  We've experienced incredibly hot, dry weather so far this summer and so rain yesterday was a huge deal.

And, as they say, when it rains it pours.  That it did.  It also brought some much needed relief to some of our smaller plants.  And to me.

Now you're saying, "this isn't a blog about the weather..." however rain and relief very much relate to my post on the Unknown last week.  It seemed that pressure was mounting on many levels - environmentally and mentally.  After the rain yesterday - while nothing in my future is figured out for sure - I actually feel better.  I woke up this morning to bright, clear blue skies, crispy cooler air.  Life is kind of "pouring" right now, but with the cooler weather, it's literally easier to breathe.

This week, I'm thankful for the opportunities coming my way, and grateful for the relief surrounding my life.  I'll take a break next week and be back in August.  Until then, wishing you relief in yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment