Sunday, September 30, 2012

and somehow, it all happens

Because this is a reflective blog, I oftentimes will read old posts - particularly when I'm feeling a bit overloaded and am not even sure what to begin writing.  Today is one of those days.  So, I looked at the posts from last year at this time, and found that my sense of capacity was feeling stretched then too.  And somehow this makes me feel better, because it reminds me that everything that needs to happen will.

I always forget how long it takes to feel "settled" into a new semester, and a new job.  Fall is always harder because as busy as life seems over the summer, it's not quite the same as readjusting to an influx of information and a new schedule and a calendar that is bursting at the seams.

But reading old posts reminds me that somehow, it all happens.  Whatever I need to do to do it, I do.  And its incredibly helpful to work with people both at my job and in my classes who are supportive, motivating, and positive people.  So here's to starting week 5 of the term and still feeling a bit out of sorts.  And here's to knowing that before I know it, the semester will be at mid-terms and then the end.  So I'm cherishing this time of reflection, knowing that the busy weeks are good things and really, I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment